What is personal information?
Personal information means information that specifically identifies an individual person, such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or account number. It may also include other information about you, such as gender, date of birth, or other demographic information, or about your use of the Site, such as IP address or cookies, if that other information is linked to your personal information.
Collection of Your Information
Information you Provide to Us
Penn State Industries collects personal information that you provide to us. We may collect information (including name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address, transaction information and credit card information) when you:
• Place an order over the phone from our catalogs or on our website
• Add yourself to a product’s wait list on our website
• Return an item or make an exchange
• Request a catalog
• Create an account at pennstateind.com or checkout as a guest
• Sign up for Penn State Industries emails
• Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
• Provide a product review on our website
• Otherwise submitting personal information to us
Information from Other Sources
We also may collect information about you from third party sources. The information we collect from third party sources may include things like demographic information and purchase preference information. The third party sources may include public databases‚ social media platforms‚ data append services‚ data sharing cooperatives‚ and others.
Automated Information Collection
We also collect some of your information automatically when you visit this Site. For example, this Site collects your IP address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), login information, operating system, clickstream data and other online identifiers and records the pages that you visit and other information about your activity on the Site (e.g. Information you enter during the checkout process).
Single Sign-On Services
We also engage a third-party partner for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them marketing on our behalf (i.e. email or direct mail). Our partners may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This activity enables them to identify you to facilitate the delivery of marketing on our behalf. To opt out of third-party cookies, please go to < http://www.aboutads.info/choices">Contact Us.
What we do with your information
At Penn State Industries we want to provide you with a great shopping experience and fulfill your orders in an efficient manner. To do this, we may collect and use your personal information to:
- Process and track your order
- Send you an order and shipping confirmation email
- Product returns
- Provide the services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send requested product or service information
- Send you Penn State Industries email updates (e.g., coupons) or otherwise respond to questions, concerns, and customer support inquiries.
- To administer surveys‚ sweepstakes‚ contests‚ and promotions
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
- Improve the effectiveness of the Site, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including surveys.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
- Marketing Purposes: From time to time, we make our mailing list (names and addresses only) available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we believe will be of interest to you. We do not share email addresses for this purpose.
- Legal Requirements‚ Safety‚ and Loss Prevention: We may disclose your personal information in other special circumstances. For example, we may provide personal information about you to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law‚ when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it‚ or to respond to requests from government authorities. There may be instances when we may use or disclose your personal information in order to protect or defend the legal rights‚ property or operations of Penn State Industries or our employees or agents; to protect the rights‚ privacy‚ safety or security of users‚ members or others; to protect against fraud; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes
Your Rights to Access and Control your Data
You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared.
If you would like to opt out of Penn State Industries promotional emails or receive fewer emails‚ please follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each such email or unsubscribe through our Email Preference Center or contact us at
If you do not want to receive mailings from other reputable companies and prefer that we do not share any information with these companies, please Contact Us. If you would like to opt out of receiving Penn State Industries catalogs‚ please contact us at one of the channels listed in the Contact Us section of our Site. So that we can be sure to identify you correctly, please provide us with your full name‚ the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive‚ and your contact information. For example,‚ if you would like to opt-out of receiving catalogs‚ make sure to include your mailing address in your communication to us. Because catalog mailings and promotional emails are planned in advance, please allow a reasonable time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email. Please note that requested changes to the Mailing List may take up to eight (8) weeks to take effect, particularly if we are removing your name from our postal mailings. We may still contact you for transactional purposes such as customer service‚ product information‚ and more. We may also contact you with questions or information regarding your order‚ such as regarding order status‚ shipment‚ or refunds. To opt-out of direct personalized advertising on the Internet from Penn State Industries, please go Here.
If you do not want to receive mailings from other reputable companies and prefer that we do not share any information with these companies, please Contact Us.
If you would like to opt out of receiving Penn State Industries catalogs‚ please contact us at one of the channels listed in the Contact Us section of our Site.
So that we can be sure to identify you correctly, please provide us with your full name‚ the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive‚ and your contact information. For example,‚ if you would like to opt-out of receiving catalogs‚ make sure to include your mailing address in your communication to us.
Because catalog mailings and promotional emails are planned in advance, please allow a reasonable time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email. Please note that requested changes to the Mailing List may take up to eight (8) weeks to take effect, particularly if we are removing your name from our postal mailings.
We may still contact you for transactional purposes such as customer service‚ product information‚ and more. We may also contact you with questions or information regarding your order‚ such as regarding order status‚ shipment‚ or refunds.
To opt-out of direct personalized advertising on the Internet from Penn State Industries, please go Here.. If you choose to opt-out of direct personalized advertising, you may still see advertisements on the internet from Penn State Industries, however, such advertisements were not generated by use of your personal information.
We may retain your personal data even after you have made certain choices if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or fulfill your request to "unsubscribe" from further messages from us. We also may also retain de-personalized information after honoring your request(s).
For E.U. Residents Only: If you are a resident of the European Union and you would like to take advantage of any of your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), such as your Right to Erasure (otherwise known as the “Right to be Forgotten”) please contact Penn State Industries customer service department and we will be happy to assist you.
How Penn State Industries Protects Personal Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and that resides in our internal network. We are fully PCI compliant and our Site is protected by a firewall. We also do not store personal information on-site at Penn State Industries headquarters (e.g. no names, addresses, credit card information etc., is stored on site). We store all personal information, off site in secure data centers. We use these procedures to better safeguard your information. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties who work with us to make the Site (including the software, applications and services provided on the Site) available to you agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve you and to honor your preferences about contacts you receive. However. Penn State Industries shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third-party service provider or any other third-party site or service that may be enabled within the Service.
When you send or otherwise transmit your sensitive information (such as your credit card number) to or though the Site, your sensitive information is encrypted and protected with SSL, the current industry-standard encryption protocol. One way to check to see if you are on a secure page is to check the URL or address of the page. (Look in the address box or right-click on the page and select "Properties".) These secure SSL-encrypted pages have URLs that start with "https://" instead of "http://".
Privacy of Children
Protecting the rights of children is very important to Penn State Industries. Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use pennstateind.com with the help of a parent or guardian.
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords or passphrases
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
- Email Security: Please note that e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
Visitors from Outside of the United States
If you have any questions about security of the Site, please contact us.
We may disclose your personal information
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, enforce our terms and conditions, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If Penn State Industries is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; and
- To any other third party, with your prior consent to do so.
- You may review, update, or modify your online account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your Penn State Industries online account. You may permanently delete your Penn State Industries Accounts by contacting us here. Contact Us
- For questions or comments related to your privacy, we invite you to contact our customer service department. We’re always here to help.
- For other types of comments, questions, or for assistance placing an order, please visit our website at pennstateind.com or call us directly at 1-800-377-7297.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws
Californias Shine the Light law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, write us at: Penn State Industries 9900 Global Road Philadelphia, PA 19115
- For questions or comments related to your privacy, we invite you to contact our customer service department. We’re always here to help.
Using our Search Engine
Use the search box to find products
On the homepage you'll see the search box at the top of the screen, just under the 'Woodturning', 'Dust Collection' and 'Shop Tools' category names. Next, type key words or phrases in the search box. Examples: 'slimline pen kit' or 'chisel' Click on the yellow 'FIND' button.
Your search will return a list of products that meet your search criteria. Click on any item in the search list to go to the in-depth product information page.
Please Note: You have the ability to narrow down your results by clicking on the links on the left hand side of page that under 'Filter by Category', 'Filter By Price', etc.,
Once you have arrived at the product information page, you may select the quantity you'd like to purchase. If the product you're viewing has Quantity Pricing, the Quantity Pricing options will appear in a box next to the stated price. Add the product to your Shopping Basket by clicking the yellow "Add to Cart" button.
When you are done shopping, click the 'Checkout' button. If you want to continue shopping at this point, you can click 'Continue Shopping' where you'll be sent back to the last page you viewed.
How To Order Online
We've provided multiple ways for you to find and shop for products from our on-line store.
Browse through the Categories on the left hand side of the page
Use the links on the left hand side of the page to narrow down to the categories and products that you'd like to buy. We've organized the categories to make them as easy as possible to find what you're looking for.
To go back to the home-page, simply click on the Penn State Industries logo at the top of the page.
Shop the Product item code with our 'Quick Order' tool
Find a product in the Penn State Industries catalog that you would like to purchase online. Next, locate the product's item number below its description. With this information you can now use the Quick Order Box at the top of the page.
There are three easy steps to using the Quick Order box:
- Simply enter the item # of the product you wish to order
- Enter the quantity you'd like to order
- Click "Add to Cart" and you're sent to the shopping cart page!
Out of Stock and Discontinued Items
We make every effort to stock the products listed in our catalog. However, periodically some of the products in our on-line store may be discontinued, out of stock, on backorder or new (i.e., coming soon) and not available for immediate purchase.
If an item is out of stock, on backorder oris coming soonwe'll let you know on the product information page. Either an item will be "In Stock - Ready to Ship" or if it's out of stock, on backorder or is coming soon we will let you know that it's "Out of Stock" along with an estimateddate of when the item will be back in stock.
We've made it easy for you to be notified when an item is back in stock with our "Wait List" feature.Once you jointhe wait List for an out of stock item, you'll emailed as soon as that item is back in stock.
To join the waitlist for an out of stock item, just go to the product information page for the out of stock item. Then click the "Out of Stock - Join the Waitlist!" linkabove the product name. Then, just type in your email address and click the "Notify Me" button. You'll then be added to the waitlist for the product and will be emailed as soon as that item is back in stock.
Shopping our Interactive Online Catalog
You can browse and buy from the full Penn State Industries catalog right here.
If you have our print catalog and you know the page number of the item you want, just go that page on-line and click on the item (or item number) to buy it. To navigate the Interactive Catalog Online, click on the "Previous" and "Next" buttons. Use the "Select Page" Drop-Down Menu to jump to a specific page. Click on the "Enlarge" button to zoom in on the page. After buying an item, click on the "Back" button until you return to the on-line catalog page you were on. Click the "Cart" button to see your shopping cart and return to the store.
If you would like our print catalog or would like to enroll in our email specials program click here
Changing or Modifying Your OrderWe're sorry, order information cannot be changed once you submit your order. We process orders very quickly, and once an order begins the fulfillment process we are unable to modify it. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope that in the majority of cases our faster processing times work to your advantage. If you have questions about your order, please contact us by phone.
Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions
Penn State Industries Mobile Messaging
By subscribing to Penn State Industries mobile messages, you agree to receive recurring autodialed marketing messages to the telephone number used at the time of opt in. Message frequency may vary. Message and data rates may apply. Consent is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. Terms & Conditions are subject to change. The mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Mobile Message Details:
To join, text advertised keyword such as TURN to 42169 to receive promotional alerts from PennStateIndustries.
|For help, Text HELP to 42169, or call 1-800-377-7297 for assistance.|
|To opt out, Text STOP to 42169.|